Whatever process you may be going through; getting married, getting a divorce, moving house, or simply writing your will, you need to get the services of a good London solicitor to help you out.
This article is aimed at helping you choose the right solicitor for your needs:
1. You need to decide what you need a solicitor for in the first place. It could be that you want to claim compensation after an accident or want to rewrite employment contracts or company handbooks; you need to decide what you need a solicitor for.
2. Once you have decided what you need a solicitor for, you will be able to know which solicitor to look for. Here you can find solicitor listings around London.
3. You need to understand the basic requirements of the issue you need a solicitor for. You cannot compare getting divorced, moving house, or writing a will to claiming compensation for an accident because they all require a different procedure.
4. You should also decide whether you will need a specialist solicitor or a local one. Simple issues like moving house will require a local solicitor while personal injury or accident claim compensation will require a specialist solicitor.
5. You will need to look for a solicitor with some experience in the area you are interested in. Although you can give young and new lawyers a chance to prove themselves, some special cases require that you choose from a firm of solicitors.
6. Getting a solicitor that you are free to talk with is important. It will help you in opening up about issues that may be vital to the case you are involved in.
7. The solicitor should be able to show some empathy when necessary so that you can be sure that you are working with someone that understands you and not someone that sees you as a case number.
8. You also need to make sure that the solicitor is such that maintains a line of effective communication so that you are not left in the dark as to where your case has been taken to.
9. Is the solicitor the type of person that acts promptly and not withhold information from you? Does this solicitor keep you up to date with the progress of the case and not tell you that you have to provide some paperwork without being informed prior to the date it is needed?
10. As much as the cost of the solicitor is important, however, it should not be a determining factor.
You are about to go through a decision that will affect you, therefore, your main focus will be to get the best solicitor your money can afford than looking for a cheaper solicitor.